2022 Trunk or Treat
Trunk or Treat will be a FUN and FREE community event sponsored by the Winnebago Chamber of Commerce, and is open to all business or residential participants. Please join us by attending the event or consider participating by decorating your own trunk.
The deadline to register a trunk is Monday, October 11.
- DATE: Saturday, October 22ND
- TIME: 10:00am to 12:00pm
- LOCATION: Along Benton Street in downtown Winnebago, IL 61088
8:30am to 9:30am: Arrival and Setup
- Please enter off Bluff Street onto Benton Street. When you arrive, check in at the registration table located at the corner of Bluff and Benton Streets. You will be directed to your parking slot. Please leave a space between each car to encourage social distancing.
- You will not be able to enter if you arrive later than 9:40am as we will need to clear the streets at that time.
10:00am to 10:30: Event and Costume Registration begins
11:00am: Costume Parade and Contest
11:30am: Judges will announce the Costume Winners
11:45am: Judges will announce the ‘Best Trunk Display’ Contest Winner
- Prizes will be awarded for three costume categories, including ‘Scariest Costume’, ‘Most Unique Costume’ and ‘Cutest Costume.’ Children who are participating must be registered for the contest by 10:30am, and will be given numbers to wear for the judges to vote on.
- Trunk teams are encouraged to dress up for this fun ‘Trunk or Treat’ event!
- Be aware there will be no available electrical outlets for lights, music or motion objects
- Remember this is for the kids, so please keep decorations kid-friendly
- Don’t forget your individually wrapped store-bought treats to hand out. You may also consider offering a non-food item for those children that may have food allergies or intolerances. A teal pumpkin may be used in your display to easily alert parents that non-food items are available at your trunk.
- Contest with prize award will also be held for “Best Trunk Display.” Anyone may vote, and votes must be in ballot box by 11:15am for counting. Winner to be announced by 11:45am.
- Event ends at 12pm. Please be patient and use care when exiting Benton Street.
Any questions please reach out to us via Facebook, email: email@example.com or phone: 815-496-0680